Monday, November 19, 2007

Days Forty Five and Six - where are we again?

Sorry about the delay in writing up the reports - a wee bit under the weather. I'm just not used to all of this hard graft!



We crossed the sea and are now on the island of Java. We stopped off at Pontianak, which rather excitingly is on the equator (I wonder which way the water goes down the plughole???). The people of Pontianak also seem rather happy about being on the equator, so much so that they built a monument to it (see photo on right).

We travelled a total of 226.5 miles (69 day 45, 157.5 day 46)
and finally rested in the town of Melusa.

I'm gutted as I have got my geography wrong, oranutangs are found in Borneo and not Java, so I think we aren't going to see them..... oooh hang on, I think we are on the island of Borneo (all of these islands are confusing me!)...

No comments: