Sunday, October 14, 2007

Day Eleven- roller skiing and mountain climbing...


After a quick stop on the steps of the Duomo in Florence for the best ice-cream in the world, we picked up the pace and made it to the ancient town of Spoleto http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spoleto


It saw such events as the inhabitants fighting off Hannibal, the murder of Emperor Aemilianus, and its destruction by Frederick Barbarossa.


This leg saw some rather unusual contributions towards reaching our goal. James Tate contributed over 44 miles, some of which was climbing vertical rock wall (rather him then me, I'm scared of heights... and looking at that picture up there, I know that I would not be pursuaded!). Also, rather intriguingly, one of our gang, Martin Roscoe, has been roller skiing towards our goal - I can only imagine what that is.
We managed to travel 174 miles to get to Spoleto.

No comments: